I started my hair journey my senior year of high school. I never considered it as a “hair journey” because I was very inconsistent, all over the place, and I could never seem to get a routine of washing, protein treatments, and all the other things I’ve seen on YouTube.
It wasn’t until my freshmen year of college that I took out a u-part wig I had in all semester (taking it out once to wash and re-install) that I realized my hair really grows when its put away. My u-part wigs and full wig units gave my relaxed hair life and once I seen growth I wanted to keep it that way.
So that’s exactly what I did, I continued to wear units all the time. But I later realized that wasn’t enough. I then started to experiment with different products for protein treatments and I found out that I loved Aphogee two step protein treatment. It always left my strands healthy and strong after a relaxer. I have always used motions relaxer, shampoo, and conditioner. Implementing the protein treatment into my regular routine really put the icing on the cake for me. I began to also trim after every relaxer and wear my hair out more to learn more about its health.
Although I am very simple within my hair growth process I’ve tested many things out but what I do now works for me 100%. So my relaxed hair regimen goes as followed:
- Relax every two or so months with my motions relaxer
- Wash with motions shampoo and conditioner
- Trim Every relaxer
- Wash with any type of conditioner between relaxers. I don’t shampoo unless my hair is really dirty. I only wash my hair if I feel its necessary or if I want to change my braid pattern.
- I only deep condition if my hair seems limp or if its having trouble holding in moisture (which is very seldom)
- Do protein treatment a couple of weeks after every other relaxer (4 months) or as needed.
- Protective style 99.9% of the time
- and Lastly have fun!
Disclaimer: This is what I do for my hair, this may not work for others.
So after four years of learning my hair its growing beautifully. Good luck ladies, and I hope my journey will inspired you.
Do what you love, and love what you do.